Nebraska Laser Eye Associates
4909 S 118th St, Omaha, NE 68137
(800) 433-2015 or (402) 397-2010
Choosing the right refractive surgeon for your LASIK procedure can make all the difference in your visual outcome. At Nebraska Laser Eye Associates, we believe there is no substitute for surgical experience. Having performed over 30,000 LASIK procedures - and having had his own vision corrected through LASIK - Dr. Mark Johnston is uniquely qualified to help bring your world back into focus.
Dr. Johnston is the most experienced LASIK surgeon in the region, and also one of the few surgeons who will work with your local eye doctor to ensure you receive the most convenient, comprehensive eye care available today. To help you make the right choice for your LASIK procedure, here is a list of criteria you should evaluate:
Our doctors have extensive knowledge and experience in correcting myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia with the most advanced laser technology available. For more information about Dr. Johnston and his qualifications, please visit his library.
- How many procedures has the surgeon performed; what is his/her experience level?
- Is the surgeon an expert in the field?
- does he/she lecture to other doctors on the subject of refractive surgery
- does he/she train other doctors how to perform the procedure
- has he/she published articles on refractive surgery
- does he/she act as a consultant to the refractive surgery industry
- is he/she an invited speaker to National and International meetings
- Does the surgeon publish his/her refractive surgery results?
- Does the surgeon offer the current refractive surgery options or the one that’s right for you, including:
- Refractive Lensectomy
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Does the surgeon provide complete information to you and fully answer all your questions regarding refractive surgery?
- Does your surgeon work with your primary care eye physician to obtain the best possible results?